- A Ghost In The Throat, Doireann Ni Ghriofa
- Outer Dark, Cormac McCarthy
- From Staircase To Stage, Raekwon with Anthony Bozza
- God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater, Kurt Vonnegut
- This Side Of Brightness, Colum McCann
- Dead Relatives, Lucie McKnight Hardy
- Dance Dance Dance, Haruki Murakami (revisit)
- New York City Prose, Chris Anthony
- The Black Phone, Joe Hill (short story)
- Water Shall Refuse Them, Lucie McKnight Hardy
- Lapvona, Ottessa Moshfegh
- Adjustment Day, Chuck Palahniuk
I’m mildly embarrassed that I only averaged a book a month, and not really even that, but in my defense, I work full time and the occasional overtime shift, with a wife, three small kids and a dog. My free time is limited. I used to crush books back in the day. The truth is I made a conscious decision this year, since dropping this site, to dedicate my time to my craft. I have focused my attention on writing. It has been a productive year in that regard.
As for the list, I like to think of it as suggestions, I hate being told what to do, or be commanded by what other people like. There are a lot of empty endorsements out there in the world. There was only book on this list that I didn’t dig but you might, so I wouldn’t tell you not to. Check them out and see if the synopsis interests you.
Thank you to everyone who has keeping up with the site and I hope you’ve enjoyed the novels/posts. I appreciate all of you. Happy New Year. -SG